Multi-State Control Market Manager
- Function: Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Alcoholic Beverage
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Mid-Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Salary: $70,000-$80,000 plus commission of 35-40% of base pay USD
- % of Travel Required: 25
- Reports to: Director of Control States
- # of Reports: 0
About The Position
The Market Manager is responsible for supporting the achievement of volume, distribution, merchandising, and pricing performance in key markets. Responsibility is mainly focused on Off-Premise. Inherent in this responsibility is managing wholesaler relationships as well as major customer relationships. The Market Manager is responsible for calling on and activating Key Accounts as well as working with wholesaler teams to achieve overall depletions and distribution targets. The Market Manager has no direct reports.
- Drive the wholesaler’s focused implementation of sales programming in all markets.
- Call on and activate Key Accounts in the market. This includes implementing creative programs to activate the consumer.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel including channel VPs, Merchandising VPs, Sales Managers, and Sales Reps.
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs. Participate in the development of program-specific POS.
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus and ads are executed to standard.
- Travel when appropriate to observe business conditions and to call on key buyers, distributor personnel, interact and work with RSV company sales personnel.
- Activation management – implement creative programs to activate consumer i.e. samples, special offers, IRCs, MIRs, on premise promotions, etc.
- Must have experience working in control states
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the beverage alcohol industry, preferably in a sales role. Strong knowledge of the retail environment, both On and Off-Premise.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the RSV brands.
- Strong Key account negotiation skills.
- Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment with high “esprit de corps”.
- Objective-oriented, focused, individual who needs little direction or supervision; energy and enthusiasm are critical.
- A college graduate.
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Financially responsible individual who knows how to manage budgets.
- Computer literate with Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel periodically (approximately 25%).