Long Island Sales Rep
- Function: Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Alcoholic Beverage
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Mid-Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Director of Sales
- # of Reports: 0
About The Position
Responsible for representing and growing sales for Stony Creek Brewery in on & off-premise accounts in Long Island. MUST HAVE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE EXPERIENCE; BEER EXPERIENCE HIGHLY PREFERRED.
Overall Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Execute Stony Creek Sales Strategy to establish market focus and complete sales goals while aggressively pursuing new on and off-premise distribution in assigned territory
- Build strong relationships with the buyers at top on-premise and off-premise accounts as well as all key personnel
- Build strong working relationships with key personnel at the distributor
- Effective wholesaler management with results of reaching Stony Creek sales goals and brand objectives.
- Schedule periodic “ride withs” with distributors
- Schedule and attend promotional events, such as samplings, pint nights, beer dinners, regional beer fests, etc. in assigned territory
- Execute all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (i.e. submission of distributor reports, weekly reporting as required by the Brewery, etc.)
- Must reside on Long Island
- 3-4 Years of sales experience with a brewery/supplier, wholesaler/distributor.
- Must be a motivated, charismatic with a self-starting personality
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Working knowledge of the craft beer industry and wholesaler operations
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- A high level of organization, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence decision makers and persuade others to change their minds or behavior through skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community
- Social Perceptiveness - Aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- The ability to relate and communicate to a vast array of people.
- The ability to have flexible hours that may be over 40 hours a week, including a significant amount of night and weekend work. Overnight travel will be required.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Email, Excel, VIP, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- (strong strategy building and analytical skills required)
- The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Cicerone or other Beer certification strongly preferred
- Have a great passion for craft beer