Washington Area Sales Manager (On Premise)
- Function: Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Non-Alcoholic Beverage
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Mid-Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Northwest Region & Canada Sales Director
- # of Reports: 0
About The Position
Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 10th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Washington Area Sales Manager (On Premise, Institutional, Hospital, and Corporate Campuses) – Seattle Metro & Surrounding Areas
Purpose: Sell BDK products by maintaining and expanding customer base; working with distributors; supporting events, demos and marketing efforts.
Reports to: Northwest Region & Canada Sales Director
Job Duties at Retail:
- Open new On Premise, Institutional, Hospital, and Corporate Campus accounts
- Build the territory with expanding institutional and foodservice distribution
- Execute sales plans in all local, regional and national assigned accounts within Washington territory
- Secure display/secondary space, shelf space and share of cold box.
- Resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility through point-of-sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, and buyers.
- Identify and successfully sell to new On Premise, Institutional, Hospital, and Corporate Campus customers.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular route/call pattern to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotional activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide BDK and Kombucha education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new flavors and packages, including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for On Premise, Institutional, Hospital, and Corporate Campus accounts
Job Duties at Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Assist distributor with Kombucha education.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Work with distributor reps to open new accounts; sell in incremental flavors and packages, etc. by doing ride with.
- Make sure distributors have enough POS materials and each rep has the necessary monthly amount.
- Ensure all equipment is ready to go out into the trade (i.e., stickers placed on refrigerators, etc.).
- Call on accounts independently; sell BDK products, fill out daily report and summarize the day via email to distributor DM and your Regional BDK Sales Manager.
- Conduct employee, distributor, wait staff/bartender education seminars.
For Consumer Accounts and Customers:
- Follow Through is #1. Always deliver what you promise.
- Perform samplings, tastings, and evening promotions as needed.
The Basics for the Position:
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Territory covers markets in Washington
- Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office.
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, Kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
- At least two years of experience as a sales rep or brand ambassador in the food & beverage industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift and move cases and kegs of kombucha / BDK products frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale (50lb maximum).
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability & A Green Workplace
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.