Supply Chain Manager
- Function: Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Fresh
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Mid-Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Reports: 0
About The Position
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all supply chain activities, including managing the development and execution of all activities related to materials management, logistics, finite production scheduling, and procurement. The position will manage the coordinated
efforts of the plant and distributors to ensure customer priorities are met through effective processes from raw material planning through shipping and receiving to facilitate on-time
production scheduling and finished goods delivery.
- Lead the activities of the site's material movement, planning, scheduling, logistics, and purchasing activities to optimize production up-time and throughput ensuring finished goods meet delivery targets while controlling inventory costs and ensuring corporate and business procedural compliance.
- Participate in creating, defining, and implementing a supply chain strategy at the site level and engage the corporate functions to adapt the needs of the site within the regional strategy.
- Coach and develop subordinates to strive for operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to maximize results.
- Define, lead, and/or participate in projects to improve processes that impact the effectiveness and performance of supply chain, the site, and the business.
- Serve as a role model for innovative thinking and zero quality defects.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure scheduled deliveries are met. Optimize forecasts and ordering processes ensuring on-time scheduling, shipping, and receiving of all ordered material and finished goods.
- Establish and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for the supply chain processes to facilitate continual improvement.
- Manage all internal and external non-conformances related to site and Distribution activities.
- Responsible for meeting site specific inventory targets, monitoring inventory performance, and providing action plans to improve inventory performance. Closely monitors dysfunctional inventory and initiates process improvements as needed.
- Maintain a team relationship within the site operations team and with other site and corporate Supply Chain Managers.
- Strong leadership, team working, change management, customer focus, and strategic thinking skills
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated application and implementation of current supply chain management concepts.
- BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field. MBA Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience in supply chain management and/or logistics management
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and implementing process improvements
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.