Position Closed - Posted January 29, 2018
Operations and Sales Coordinator
Homeplate Peanut Butter Supplier Austin, TX
- Function: Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Shelf-stable
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: General Manager
- # of Reports: 0
About The Position
Production Execution, Inventory Management and Sales Orders
- Work with Sales to convert sales PO’s into a consistent format for a 3PL.
- Work with General Manager, Finance and Sales to develop and execute a production planning and inventory management process from the ground up. Be able to assist with any administrative task related to this initiative.
Freight and Shipping Execution
- Work with General Manager, Sales and Finance to assist in analyzing current freight and shipping costs and assessing if a better and more cost- effective solution exists.
- Assist Sales in day to day Freight shipments. Picking the optimal carrier for each order, tracking the orders and working with carriers if any issues arise.
- Work with Sales and Finance in analyzing distributor and customer invoices for accuracy and correct deductions. Communicate back to distributors and customers if issues exist and need to be resolved. See through to completion.
- Assist sales in any administrative paperwork.
- Day to Day management of Amazon orders.
- Be willing and able to make local deliveries to Austin - based customers.
- Be willing and able to travel and work various tradeshows.
- Be willing and able to execute Demos at various Retailers
Tradeshow Management and Logistics
- Work with Marketing to manage all executional, logistical and financial aspects of booking and attending various tradeshows.
Packing and Shipping Logistics
- Oversee all shipments leaving the Austin office, assist in packing boxes and also tracking those shipments and working with carriers to resolve any issues. Examples are Amazon orders and sales samples.
- Oversee the unloading of shipments that come to the Austin office and managing and tracking physical inventory at the Austin office.
- Manage the overall process and oversight of interns.
- Extremely good with Details and Highly Organized
- Strong Analytics and high level of experience with Excel
- Pro-Active mindset in finding solutions
- Task and execution oriented
- Strong follow through and ability to see tasks to completion/resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills and can work cross functionally
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and help out wherever needed
- Be able to interface with customers and other stakeholders
- Be willing and able to travel as needed
- Comfortable with the occasional packing and unpacking of boxes
- Small company/Entrepreneurial
- Exposure/previous experience in the tasks outlined in the job description
- Interest in CPG