Production & Inventory Planning Manager
- Function: Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Shelf-stable
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Mid-Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: VP Manufacturing
- # of Reports: 0
About The Position
Rosa Foods, maker of Soylent and Coffiest, is a pioneer in food technology, producing healthy, functional foods that are good for the body and the planet.
Rosa Foods leverages science and technology to provide complete, convenient, sustainable nutrition to the world. Working at Rosa Foods you'll have a platform to build cool things that positively affect the world with fun and dedicated people.
Rosa Foods products are produced with sustainability and efficiency in mind to create a convenient, nutritious, and affordable meal that is better for our health and the environment. We also have raised over $75M in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Lerer Ventures, and Y-Combinator. This enables us to offer the benefits of a larger organization, while still maintaining the best qualities of a startup. You’ll be able to help grow our small creative team and contribute your ideas to build this exciting brand. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Soylent is looking for a Production & Inventory Planning Manager who will report to the VP of Manufacturing. This role will work closely with the demand forecasting team to establish long and short term finished good production schedules which meet our customer service levels. He/She will also work closely with members of other internal teams including finance, retail sales, ecommerce sales, marketing, as well as other members of the operations team.
The Production & Inventory Planning Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating and monitoring the company's production forecasts
- Communicating those forecasts to the company’s co-manufacturers across product lines
- Tracking/forecasting finished goods inventory
- Adjusting production plans based on production over/under runs and changing customer demand
- Working with our co-manufacturers and third party warehouse operators to maintain an accurate view of our current inventory and projected inventory over time.
- Being the sales and customer service teams’ “go-to” expert on product availability over time.
- He/She will also create ad hoc and “what if” analyses to assess the feasibility and implications of different production scenarios and other analyses as needed
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A proactive analytical thinker who can use spreadsheets and ideally, ERP planning tools
- Someone who can work on multiple projects independently
- A team player as this person will work with several other functional groups
- Someone with strong learning and organizational agility. We’re a start-up, things change often!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of consumer good manufacturing scheduling and planning and/or inventory management
- Understanding of manufacturing and production environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within food/beverage industry
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Strong spreadsheet skills in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets required
- Strong computer skills in other Google Docs/Microsoft Office Tools a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
- Competitive salary
- Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail