- Function: Production
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Category: Fresh
- Relocation Opportunity: No
- Job Level: Senior Level
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Salary: 90K - 120K USD
- Reports to: CEO
- # of Reports: 120
About The Position
The Manufacturing Manager will manage the day to day production activities to ensure that the highest personal safety, food safety, and quality standards are achieved. This manager will be responsible for efficient and timely production based on sales demands. This position will have both salary and hourly reports. Food manufacturing experience is required.
- Oversee the overall production and sanitation process, including the production schedule in coordination with each customer’s needs.
- Achieve production goals by planning, monitoring, and appraising staff work results, and by effectively communicating job expectations.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Sanitation, Production, Warehouse, and Quality to achieve the company goals.
- Assists with maintaining to all BRC requirements and company policies.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are within quality standards.
- Implement and propose policies and procedures and recommend improvements and cost reduction in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
- Ensures that the production is cost effective, monitoring efficiencies and waste through metrics.
- Prepare and report on KPI data, as required by Senior Management, for accounting and decision making to improve profitability.
- Supervise and motivate both salary and hourly direct reports.
- Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
- Identifying training needs and monitors team’s compliance with training requirements.
- Conducts required meetings with direct reports and promotes communication both ‘up from’ and ‘down to’ the floor level.
- BA/BS degree in a manufacturing or management related field preferred, not required.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in the food manufacturing industry with three (3) years previous supervisory experience, is required.
- Experience in HACCP, BRC, and FSMA preferred.
- Experience in ‘ready-to-eat’ food production preferred.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must have experience in quality control and proper safety standards in handling food and equipment.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with communicating with salary and hourly staff.
- The ability to manage in a fast paced diverse environment with a sharp focus on food safety and customer needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, is preferred.